Last Updated: March 12, 2019
- In General
The Site and the Services are intended for adult audiences only, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, please do not provide any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
- The Data We Collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We have grouped the types of information we may collect together as follows:
- Identity Data may include first name, last name, company name, job title, website URL and photograph (headshot) and other demographic data that you provide to us.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases made by you, your preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Location-Based Services
Some Services may contain functionality that can enable us to access your location and tailor your experience based on your location (“Location-based Services”). To use Location-based Services, you must enable certain features of your mobile device (e.g., GPS, WiFi, or Bluetooth) to allow us to identify your location. To the extent your location is collected through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors, such sensors, and the associated data services, may be provided by a third party that may access such information for the purpose of providing such data services to us. You agree to such access by such third parties. You may enable or disable such Location-based Services at any time via a menu within the Services. If you choose to disable any Location-based Services on your device and/or opt out of any Location-based Services through the menu, you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Services. By enabling Location-based Services on your device, you agree and acknowledge that (i) device data we collect from you is directly relevant to your use of the Services, (ii) we may provide Location-based Services related to and based on your then-current location, and (iii) we may use any such information collected in connection with the provision of Location-based Services in providing the Services. PLEASE NOTE THAT LOCATION DATA MAY NOT ALWAYS BE ACCURATE, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO LOCATION-BASED SERVICES.
We may use your location to provide you with advertisements, offers, and other promotional content as part of the Services.
- How Your Information is Used
We have set out below, in table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you for feedback
(d) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(e) Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
In order to improve our Services and provide more convenient, relevant experiences to our customers, we and our agents may use “cookies,” “web beacons,” and similar devices to track your activities. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card and enables us to record your passwords and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. A web beacon is a small transparent .gif image that is embedded in an HTML page or email used to track when the page or email has been viewed. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, and most services that include similar devices are typically initially activated to collect data. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. We do not support browsers’ Do Not Track features. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the preferences or settings page of your browser.
- Protecting Your Information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further in some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- International Transfers
We share your personal data within our corporate group and with external third parties. This will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Data Processing
In submitting any third-party personal data within the context of the Services (“Third-Party Data”), the parties agree that you shall be the Data Controller and you appoint us as a Data Processor of such data, for the purpose of providing the Services. To the extent that we are a “Data Processor” for you in respect of such Third-Party Data, we will:
- Implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the Third-Party Data against any unauthorized or unlawful access, loss, destruction, theft, use or disclosure. We implement basic level security in accordance with United States law. If higher levels of security are required, please contact us.
- Limit access to the Third-Party Data only to those employees who need to know it to enable the Processor to perform the Services, and shall take appropriate steps to ensure the reliability of those of our employees or subcontractors who have access to such Third-Party Data.
- Only process the personal data as specified by this Privacy and in accordance with your instructions, and will not use the Third-Party Data for any purposes other than those related to the performance of the Services or pursuant to your written instructions.
- Not disclose the Third-Party Data to any third-party without your prior written consent. Such consent is granted on, for example, your instruction to share a dashboard with third parties (public or within a restricted group).
You represent and warrant that you have all the appropriate consents from data subjects whose personal data are submitted to us in the course of the provision of the Services.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not share your Personal Information with third parties without your express consent, except in the limited circumstances described below:
- We may share your Personal Information third party service providers for the limited purposes described in the section entitled “How Your Information is Used.”
- We will share your Personal Information when required by law, regulation, or litigation, and as necessary for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- If we sell assets or are acquired by or merged with another entity, we may provide such entity customer information without obtaining your further consent. We may provide notice of such asset sales, acquisitions, or mergers on the Site.
- Your Choices
- If at any time you are uncomfortable with our use of your Personal Information for internal marketing purposes and for the purpose of creating aggregate reports, you may opt-out by email as described in “Opting-Out or Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences.” Note that if you opt not to provide us with certain mandatory information, then our Products and services may be unavailable to you.
- You may similarly opt out of receiving communications from us, although we may find it necessary to continue to communicate with you regarding your use of the Services
- Governing Law
- Opting-Out or Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please read below to find out more about these rights. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Privacy Complaints
Also, please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third-party websites or integrated products to which the Site or the Services may link. You should review the privacy policies of such sites before using the associated sites.
The Services are intended for users in the United States and those not governed by privacy policies of other countries. Users outside the United States are advised not to disclose Personal Information to us.